Friday, October 15, 2010

Stress, the sickness of the XXI century.



It is more difficult to find somebody saying I am Ok than somebody saying I am stressed. It is an silence disease, because when you recognize on yourself its signals like weariness, repeated headaches, and more physicals and psychological signs you are completely stressed. My grandfather fall ill when he stopped working at 65 years old, this situation finally caused on him difficulties to walk, to speak, to eat : he was destroying himself and he didn’t realize. 5 years later, he had a cancer. Doctors explain that his stress was so aggressive that it caused problems with his cells .


When I was living in La Serena, some years ago, and came to visit my family in Santiago, I realized that here the streets, lights, the noise, etc, takes you in a ball called stress, and all of us were affected, but coming back and looking to the sea, believe me, it cleaned our minds.



Today I’m living in Santiago and I’m studying at University and I notice that the life is faster than some years ago, I think that it’s because we have more things to do specially at the university, where the classes, activities, tests, and works are hardly than ever in our childhood at school, also we have more responsibilities as adults.


To carry on a life like this, people recommends to do sports, yoga, Pilates, to eat fruit and vegetables and, in general to have a good style of life. But it’s really difficult!!! How can you do it if you have only a few hours of the day for yourself? I think that we have to learn a lot about how to carry on this desease.

No comments:

Post a Comment