Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My first option at the career list



When I was at school, I wanted to study Medicine, and after it, I thought to be specializing in pediatrics and neonatology. My second option was midwifery, because it´s very related with neonatology, but I thought that my first option was more complete than only midwifery.


But my PSU score wasn´t enough for Medicine, so I decided to study Midwifery. But my feelings wasn’t negative about my decision, because Midwifery was something that I wanted and it´s very beautiful too, also I thought that : if I don´t liked it, I should try again with the PSU next year. In general my thought was “All happens for something in life”.


During this two years I am sure that what I thought it wasn´t an error. Now I think that seven years of Medicine and two or four years studying specific areas, are too much between five years of midwifery doing what I really love. Also, after the career I can be specializing in neonatology too.


Today I am in love with my career, because all what we do is assist people in their good or physiological conditions, and I think that this work is very important to the people because we are the ones who have to be with the family supporting them during all their lives, living many situations with them.


I really love this career, because I like to assist people with those beautiful processes of life, like gestation, born and lactation. Also I love babies so I´m very happy to assist them in their first days of life.


For all of this if I should have to choose again for any career, obviously midwifery should be my first option.


2 comments:

  1. Dani ^^ I love my career too :) Take care! I think you are really nice :)

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dany
    The same thing happened to me, I also wanted to study pediatrics and I don´t reach the score of the PSU and as relates to obstetrics race opt for this decision and I do not regret.
    You will be a great midwife! =)

    ReplyDelete