Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My future as a midwife:





When I´ll finish my career I will study something related with midwifery, like a graduate course in neonatology. My idea is to study abroad, because I think that is necessary to know other people’s views of the profession. For example I know that some midwives of the Midwifery School of the Medicine Faculty from the Universidad de Chile went to study to Belgium, other went to Sweden, etc. I especially like the option to study in Europe, because my Grandmother is Belgian so I want to know this place and their customs, so what better than going to study there and doing what I like.


The other topic that I find interesting is the humanized born, so I would like to work on this too. But I think that I have to know more about that. At the anthropology class I learnt about some kind of midwifes calls Doulas; they are who support the mothers during the humanized born. To be a Doula I have to study abroad too, but I don’t know about the possible countries yet.


After this, I want to work in a Public hospital, because I know that people needs a good kind of health care and they also needs good professionals to trust on for their own care and for their newborns care too.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dani!!
    I am happy for your projections for the future, more even if you are able to go to Belgium, because you would know more about the country of your grandmother.
    I hope you are able to complete these dreams
    Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I would like to study abroad too. It's a good option to improve our skills as midwives.

    see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems interesting. I hope you might do it :)

    ReplyDelete